Saturday, January 5, 2008

Tim Delivers!

Mnah! This will be a great way for all of us to stay connected on a regular basis. I tend toward shorter, more "here's what's going on this week" postings, so here's my first one.

The highlight from my week? For me, it was: Obama wins Iowa. He is the first politician of "our time" that has inspired me, and hence he's the first politician to whose campaign I have donated my own hard-earned money (3 times so far). He strikes me as HONEST AND REAL, and I strongly prefer his fresh vision and perspective over any "lack of experience" that his opponents might harp on. I prefer change over experience, and actually feel that true change would be held back by too much Washington experience/baggage (as would be the case with Clinton). Besides, I trust that he would surround himself with plenty of smart, like-minded advisors. His victory speech in Iowa was an incredible moment -- a vision of a new kind of leader that represents today and tomorrow...not the past. I got chills when he was speaking! He seemed, well, presidential. What can I say, it's just refreshing to finally be inspired by a political leader.

So, let's see what happens in New Hampshire now.

No comments: